BIOTEC is seeking 3 positions for a post-doctoral researchers in the areas of molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology as follows;
Position 1: Investigation on natural deep eutectic solvents (NatDES) for food and feed applications using metabolomics approaches
The candidate will be responsible for development of NatDES for food and feed applications including identification/comparison of chemical compounds using LC and GC-MS Based metabolomics approaches
- Hands-on experience with mass spectrometry, preferably GC-triple quadrupole, GC-quadrupole time of flight, and orbitrap type instruments
- In-depth knowledge of instrument operation and maintenance, data interpretation, and knowledge of background literature necessary.
- Practical experience with informatics desirable.
- Strong analytical and practical skills in sample preparation, LC-MS, GCMS, and data analysis and interpretation required.
- Excellent communication skills in oral and written English, ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain and expand knowledge of mass spectrometry techniques through self-education, dialog with other experts, reading literature, and attending conferences and courses as necessary, required
Position 2: Bench scale bioprocess optimization for microbial production of lycopene in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
The candidate will be responsible for design and construction of a lycopene-overproducing S. cerevisiae strain via identification of optimal gene combination, pathway-wide up-regulation, and elimination of drug selection marker
- Design and construction of a lycopene-overproducing S. cerevisiae strain via identification of optimal gene combination, pathway-wide up-regulation, and elimination of drug selection marker
- Developing a low cost and easy-preparation medium formula for enhancing lycopene production
- Developing an easy-operate fermentation system for improving lycopene productivity
Position 3: Generation of anti-NS1 antibodies as a tool for functional study of surface dengue NS1 protein in complement activation
The candidate will be responsible for as follows;
1) development of antibody library from phage display technology by using dengue immune blood samples as well as a screening method for various forms of NS1 protein (intracellular, surfaced or secreted forms) 2) development of a technology for construction of chimeric antibody
- Molecular Biology, Molecular Immunology, Biochemistry and related fields such as,
- Phage display technology
- Cell culture technology
- Genetic Engineering
- Antibody engineering
- Production of recombinant antibody in mammalian cells