“Developing high quality needed spatial databases that are appropriated and efficiently uses”
The GIS Laboratory will enhance the applications of Geoinformatics including Geographic Information System (GIS), Remote Sensing (RS) and Global Positioning System (GPS) for bio-resources and technologies and land resources information, suitability, management and monitoring for the best benefit of the country and the region
1. To promote the applications of biotechnological Geoinformatics databases for sustainable management of natural ecosystems, biodiversity, forestry and agriculture.
2. To develop conservation technologies for environmental sound utilization of bio-resources, agriculture and medicine.
3. To prepare spatial databases on land and water resources for suitability and monitoring of important economic crops and their eco-biodiversities.
4. To support post graduate students and researchers to do research in the area of Geoinformatics applications in biotechnology
5. To promote information of the Biotec Central Research Unit Lab. to students, teachers, government and non-government organization, publics and rural education.
6. To collaborate within NSTDA units, national and international organizations in networkings, training, seminars, workshops and projects
7. To disseminate information of Biotec Central Research Unit Lab. using electronic and other media.