With over three decades of operation, BIOTEC has built confidence in its high-caliber researchers and R&D infrastructure and attempts to utilize this expertise and our facilities to build up research and technical capacity for the world community. BIOTEC welcomes researchers, professors and students from overseas to work collaboratively with our scientists in our laboratories.
As part of our commitment to human resource development, the Center provides both Thai and foreign students in the field of biotechnology and life sciences with opportunities to have a hands-on experience conducting research in a professional environment. Agreement with several foreign universities has been reached to accommodate undergraduate and postgraduate students in BIOTEC laboratories during summer or semester sessions. Currently, our portfolio includes
- Singapore: Temasek Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic
- Indonesia: Atma Jaya Catholic University
- Taiwan: College of Life Science, National Taiwan University
- Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong
- Korea: Soon Chun Hyang University (SCH)
- United Kingdom: University of Kent, University of Liverpool
Following are some of the available funding schemes:
- Post-doctoral Fellowship Program:Postdoctoral Scholar awards are offered to recipients of new or recent doctorates in the fields of Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology. In order to be eligible, applicants must have recently received their doctorate during the past two or three years. Recipients of the awards will receive a stipend for up to two years (rate is subject to applicants' experience), plus health insurance, one round trip economy class airfare (only if the applicants work at BIOTEC for at least one year) and bench fee. Announcement on opening position and application procedure is posted on BIOTEC homepage.
- TWAS-UNESCO Associateship Scheme:This program aims to foster linkages amongst researchers and research institutes in the South by providing travel support to enable competent researchers from the South to visit participating Centers of Excellence in the South twice for research collaboration during a three - year period of Associateship. TWAS provides travel support for the associates and a contribution towards subsistence costs while living expenses are covered by the host centers. BIOTEC is among 100 Centers of Excellence selected to participate in the Scheme.
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme:This program provides a number of fellowships to young scientists from developing countries outside of Thailand to carry out postdoctoral research at BIOTEC laboratories.
Interested individual can contact BIOTEC International Cooperation Section for the possible placements in BIOTEC laboratories.