The Animal Biotechnology Research Unit emphasizes on using biotechnology for improving animal quality to increase the value of commercial products and build up the research’s capacity in biotechnology.
- Molecular biology of reproductive maturation and growth of black tiger shrimp in order to improve farming sustainability
- Reproductive management in order to increase reproduction efficiency of dairy cows
- Animal vaccine development via reverse genetic technology
- Diagnostic development for agricultural purposes
List of Laboratories
- Animal Physiology Laboratory
- Aquatic Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology Laboratory
- Shrimp-Virus Interaction Laboratory
- Virology and Cell Technology Laboratory
- Monoclonal Antibody Production Laboratory
- Aquaculture Product Development and Services Laboratory
- Development of seed vaccines against the Swine Origin Influenza Virus (S-OIV) using reverse genetics technology.
- Methods to enhance expression of influenza A virus neuraminidase in mammalian cells using influenza non-structural protein 1.
- Hybridoma technology for the generation of monoclonal antibodies and immunoassay technique development for diagnostic purposes.
- Monoclonal antibodies and immunoassay techniques (ELISA, immunochromatographic strip test, immunomagnetic separation) for diagnosis of agricultural and food relevance such as plant pathogens, food pathogens and progesterone hormone.
- Technologies for improving production efficiencies in dairy cattlesuch as controlling and synchronizing ovulation, competitive ELISA test for progesterone detection, embryo production and transfer, embryo sexing test kit as well as starter cultures for silage production.
- Development of PCR method for detection of acute hepatopancreatic necrosis disease (AHPND) (also calledearly mortality syndrome or EMS) in shrimp.
Major Equipment and Facilities
- Equipment and facilities for production of hybridoma cell lines, large scale monoclonalantibody production lines and immunoassay development.
- A recirculating system with 30 aquaria available for research trials of aquaculture feed, dietary supplements, probiotics, immune stimulants and other forms of aquaculture-related products.
Dr. Sirawut Klinbunga
Phahonyothin Road, Khlong Nueng, Khlong Luang
Pathum Thani 12120, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2564 6700
Fax: +66 (0) 2564 6707