10 - 11 July 2019
Auditorium, Sirindhorn Science Home, Thailand Science Park, Thailand
• The Rice Department, Ministry of Agriculture, Thailand
• Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Thailand
• National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, National Science and Technology Development Agency, Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation, Thailand
In collaboration with
• University of Nottingham, UK
• The Pennsylvania State University, USA
• International Rice Research Institute, the Philippines
• To better understanding of the participants on root research including basic root biology, methodologies and technologies in root research, as well as the application of the knowledge in plant breeding programs
• To demonstrate and practice different approaches including shovelomics and image analyses for rice root study
The 2-day workshop will begin with an introductory and lecture session designed to stimulate participant understanding of root biology by presentation of material covering the fundamental of root development and physiology that form the basis of the concept. The remainder of the workshop will be structured with lectures on root phenotyping approaches, technologies, and data interpretation in the morning and laboratory and field practices in the afternoon.
*All the participants are required to bring their own laptop for the image analysis practice session
Farmers, breeders, students, government and university researchers, and technicians.
No. of participants
Mainly, the workshop will be instructed in Thai except Dr. Amelia Henry’s lecture which will be instructed in English without translation.
• General 2,200 Baht
• Student 1,200 Baht
These fees are inclusive of 7% VAT, lunch and refreshment each day. However, all of the participants must be responsible for their own accommodation and transportation.
25 June 2019 or when fully participants registration
Workshop Brochure; Registration form (PDF); Registration form (DOC)
For more information, please contact:
Technical Training Unit
National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC)
113 Thailand Science Park, Phahonyothin Rd.,
Khlong Nueng, Khlong Luang, Pathum Thani 12120
Tel: +66 2564 6700 ext. 3379-3382
Fax: +66 2564 6574