of Medical Sciences Thailand
DMST Culture Collection
DMST culture collection was established since 1978.
There are over 10,000 strains (480 species) of medical
importance microorganisms preserved in the collection
The main objectives
of the collection are
- To be a distributor of medical important microorganisms
used for quality control, production of biological
product and research.
- To be a center for deposition preservation of microorganisms
to maintain the microbiological diversity resources
for sustainable utilization
- To be an information center for medical microbial
- Collection and preservation of medical important
- Supply and distribution microorganisms
- Quality control of the microorganisms of preserved
- Data management by electronical record the detail
characteristics microorganisms as well as maintenance
- Safe deposit service
- Identification service
- Development of identification and typing method
by phenotypic and molecular techniques.